2021 is almost here! And while 2020 didn't look like we wanted it to, 2021 seems to be starting without much changed yet. So what can you do to make the most of 2021?
You can stop waiting. Many people are waiting for life to return to normal to start pursuing their goals. Stop waiting and start pursuing your goals now! Maybe you need to change your plan because of current events but you should still find a way to make progress towards your goals. After all, any progress is better than no progress and you have the potential to have great success only happens if you are moving.
If you don't have any goals for 2021 yet because you're concerned about disappointment, make some goals that are mostly under your control. Make goals about books you want to read, healthy habits like sleeping enough or drinking more water, updating your resume or applying to schools, etc. Remember your goals should be SMART- specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound.
Once you decide on goals post them in a place that you'll be reminded of them. Add a brightly colored sticky note to your planner, use a dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror, set reminders in your phone. Do a few things to put your goals in front of you. Life gets busy and distracting so remind yourself of your goals often.
1. Stop waiting- make a plan that allows you to pursue your goals during a pandemic
2. Make new goals for 2021 (SMART goals)
3. Post reminders of your goals so you don't get distracted
Ready to take on 2021?
First decide your "why" by answering these questions. Answer them with detail. Spend at least five minutes on each question.By the end of the questions, you should really have specific ideas about what really matters to you.
1. What are you passionate about?
2. What's your dream career?
3. How do you picture yourself in 20 years?
4. WHO is important to you?
5. How does your health effect your day-to-day?
6. Who looks to you for an example?
Now you know in which direction you need to move, there are three different categories that I want you to make resolutions about.
1. Your relationships- How do you want to show up for your family and friends? What specifically do you want to change about your relationships? Are there any specific relationships you want to strengthen? How can you do this?
2. Your health- On a scale of 0-10, 10 being the best health and 0 being the worst health, rate your current health. What can you change about your diet to improve your health? What can you do to improve your fitness level?
3. Your career- (Yes, this includes being a stay at home parent). With your "dream career" in mind, what skills do you need to improve? What can you do in your career to make a greater positive impact on the people around you? Are there any certifications, conferences, or groups you can join to further improve your skills?