For those of you with kids in the house, getting back to school can be a little chaotic and so can allow for some convenient unhealthy habits to sneak in. Here are a few things you can do to have a healthy back to school:
1. Eat breakfast- having a balanced breakfast will help yourself and the kids be ready to take on the day without a growling belly.
2. Pack lunch- packing lunches the night before will help your morning be less chaotic. Packed lunches will also provide opportunity for you to send some nutrient dense foods to school with your kids to help their brains keep learning the entire day!
3. Wash hands- having yourself and the kids wash hands as soon as you walk in your home will help prevent outside germs from getting all over your house. Also, prepares them to eat the snack they're about to ask you for. ha!
4. Snack- convenient snacks like carrot sticks, berries, cut up apples, nut butter and popcorn will help kids stay away from the high sugar snacks. Also, if you sneak a bite of their snack you'll be sneaking something good for you too!
5. Sleep- allowing kids to be in a bed long enough for at least 8 hours of sleep is a very important part of their brain development and ability to learn during school. Make a bedtime routine of bathing, brushing teeth, reading books, singing and then sleep to help their little body's know when it's time to fall asleep.
Do these five simple things to make you and your kids have a healthier back to school!