Have you or anyone you know ever lost a bunch of weight but then gain it all back plus some? How frustrating and defeating to work so hard to lose the weight and then gain it all back. Losing weight is HARD work. It takes discipline and perseverance. I want you to be successful so I'm going to give you five things to do to avoid the diet cycle.
1. Have a reasonable goal. Don't plan to lose weight too quickly. Usually quick weight loss leads to weight gain that occurs even quicker.
2. Use reasonable means. Extreme changes in your lifestyle are usually the ones that aren't maintainable. In order to put yourself in weight loss maintenance you need to be able to continue the changes you made in order to lose the weight.
3. Learn to cope. Life's tough. Sometimes really tough. Learning to cope with stress without the need for high sugar foods is going to be IMPERATIVE to your long-term success. We are sugar addicts and sugar is an easy "high" of feel good hormones in our brains that we can use to make us feel better when we're under stress. Find something else to make yourself feel better when you're under stress.
4. Make sleep a priority. Sleep allows your mind and body recovery time. Sleep will keep your hunger hormones in check, decrease your cravings and help you have the will power to turn down those high sugar foods.
5. Don't drink your calories. Learn to say no to sodas and juices. Drinking water is a great way to decrease your calories and keep your body feeling good. Water is also a good way to help your stomach feel full.
Keep these five things a top priority when deciding how you'll lose weight and you'll not only lose weight but also maintain that weight loss!