Life is stressful, scary and downright horrible sometimes. Even just every day life without any extraordinary events or circumstances can be hard to handle. It's good to have as many tools in your toolbox to improve your mental health. One of these tools you can try is mindfulness. Mindfulness, put simply, means taking time to be in the present and to notice things around you. There are plenty of apps to help you be mindful but to get started try these things-
1. Take 10 breaths and think only about your breathing.
2. Go for a walk outside and notice 10 things that are around you.
3. Notice what you're sensing- taste, touch, feel, smell.
4. Name 5 things you're grateful for.
5. Focus on one activity. Instead of multitasking, purposefully focus on one task.