Life is stressful. We have bad stress and we have good stress. I haven't met ONE person that isn't under some sort of stress. Stress increases our risk of disease and weight gain so having strategies to manage stress should be a high priority. In fact, I think everyone should have to take stress management as a class in school. ha! Alright so instead of talking about why we need to reduce stress (because you probably already know) I'm just going to list my top ten ways to cope with stress! Enjoy!
2. Adequate Sleep
3. Time Management (good planner or calendar app)
4. Quiet Time
5. Set Healthy Boundaries (concerning time commitments, relationships)
6. Eat Healthy Foods
7. Hike (or spend some time in nature)
8. Get Out! (with a good friend or your spouse for good food or a fun time)
9. Talk to Someone (good friend, counselor, wise person you know and share about life, get advice or encouragement)
10. Practice Gratefulness (make a list of things you're grateful for!)
Try some of these next time you're feeling overwhelmed and let me know how it goes! You may have to try more than one to really help but choosing these actions instead of other unhealthy coping behaviors will be greatly beneficial in the long run.