Have you ever looked at an aisle of supplements in GNC or even in your grocery store and felt completely lost? Allow me to summarize a few of the most common supplements-
1. Protein powder- there are several different kinds of protein powders. Vegan, gluten free, no artificial sweeteners, quickly absorbed, hydrolyzed, slow absorbing... even the options for such a basic supplement can get confusing. In fact, there are sooo many options, I made this freebie for you to help you decide what protein supplement would be best for you to use.
2. Collagen- a type of protein; claims to help skin, hair, nails, joints, digestive tract, inflammation. So many people have taken this supplement with great results so I think collagen is worth a try!
3. Omega 3/Krill Oil- Healthy fat that decreases inflammation & cholesterol and is great for your heart! I take this one every day. This supplement is well studied and likely benefits your health with little risk of adverse effects.
4. B Vitamins- used for energy, to treat nausea during pregnancy and can help wound healing. B vitamins are important for your nerves to function properly and can play a role in mental health. It's important to have enough of the B vitamins but having more than enough doesn't really benefit you. So don't feel like you need to supplement this unless you've been told to do so by your health care provider.
5. Bromelain- One of the lesser known supplements that claims to help with inflammation. It's naturally occurring in pineapple. This is another supplement that has little risk associated with it but may actually help. If you have an inflammatory process such as inflammatory bowel disease or some sort of arthritis, it's worth a try!